MA in Higher Education Administration
The purposes of the program are:
- to provide students with contemporary knowledge of higher education and its administration and to prepare qualified specialists in education administration who are able to be the leaders and administrators /managers of the field according to contemporary requirements.
- to train education administrators both in general pedagogical and psychological aspects and particular issues of education administration/management, such as leadership in education and experience of various countries in administering the system of higher education.
- to enable the graduates to fluently use English for professional communication (both abroad and in their own country, while dealing with international colleagues). Also to enable them to work in the administration of educational institutions and organizations dealing with managing and organizing the system of education.
- not only to form the corresponding to the field knowledge, but also to develop student’s study skills, in order to enable to continue their education on the further (doctorate) cycle and independently. With this purpose in the educational process students will obtain a certain amount of theoretical knowledge of the field (pedagogy, psychology, administration and management), which is offered by a number of courses, and will be involved in a great number of independent activities (projects, presentations, course papers).
- among values, that program graduates will develop, are interest towards higher education administration research and practical experience, respect towards principles humanistic and student-centered pedagogy.Learning OutcomesThe students will acquire the following generic (transferrable) and field-specific competencies:Knowledge and understanding: advanced and systemic knowledge of the study course, which allows for the generation of new, original ideas, understanding solutions to certain problems. The graduate will have advanced and systematic knowledge of:
- Terminology/concepts and theories in education sciences, education administration and related areas dealing with European Higher Education Area
- History, culture of education management, system of education and educational reform; the roles, responsibilities and benefits of universities within their societies, as seen from various perspectives
- The seminal literature on student-centered approaches to the provision and enhancement of higher education
- Guiding principles and good practices in quality assurance, policy development, change management, and governance that can be applied to enhance quality in European higher education
- The ways that management processes can be used to set standards, and applied to support the attainment of the strategic objectives of university departments and services
- How knowledge of ways that students learn and experience higher education can be used to improve teaching and professional practices;
- The key challenges that universities face in supporting the development of their students and staff, and addressing the needs of their local/national communities and stakeholders